Last month: We were able to experience the remarkable virtual reality tour of the Castle which has been /is continuing to be developed by a KHAS member Then there was an equally enjoyable social evening (with especial thanks to Margaret Kane, Sue Martin and Sue Tyler)
This evening: Sheila Woolf, the chair of the Stoneleigh History Society, will be joining us to speak on ‘Here come the Girls! A Very “Special” Relationship’
Next month: AGM followed by a talk by Helen & Peter Viola who will be talking on The 19th Century Baronets of Leamington Hastings and their medals: from Waterloo to Kenilworth. Committee Nominations: Whilst our current Officers and Committee Members are willing to offer themselves for re-election at our February AGM, please note that any other nominations should reach our Secretary by the end of January. Nomination forms are available this evening, please take one if you would like to nominate someone else.”
Annual subscriptions will also be due in February – £10 for a single person or £15 for a couple. You may renew your subscription at our AGM and receive your free copy of Kenilworth History 2019, or by posting your cheque and details to our Treasurer, Anthony Manning.
YOU COULD BE INTERESTED IN ………..
• Kenilworth Family History Society: Wednesday 13th February, 7.45pm. The Kenilworth Centre CV8 1QJ. Bring along a Loose End – Family History Workshop. Note new venue
• Warwickshire Geological Conservation Group: Wednesday 16th January, 7.30pm. St Francis Church Hall, Warwick Rd. Graham Worton (Curator, Dudley Archives) : The Wren’s Nest – Geology of this famous nature reserve in Dudley, and the application for Geopark status
• Warwickshire Local History Society: Tuesday 19th February, 8pm. Quaker Meeting House, High St., Warwick. Dr Lucy Underwood, University of Warwick: The Catholic experience and aspects of childhood, in Warwickshire and elsewhere
• CADAS: Tuesday 12th February, 7.30pm. Friends Meeting House, Hill Street, Coventry. Simon Matkus (MOLA): A14 Huntingdon to Cambridge Improvement works: archaeological discoveries 2016-18 • Lapworth Local History Group: Tuesday 22nd January, 7.45pm. Lapworth Village Hall. Dr John Hunt: Families at War. Simon de Montfort, Royalists and Rebels in the West Midlands
• Leamington History Group: Monday 28th January, 7.30pm. Dormer Conference Centre (next to St Peter’s, Dormer Place). AGM followed by Mick Jeffs: Royal Leamington Spa: A History in 100 Buildings
Contacts: Chairman – 01676-532654; Secretary – 01926-858670; Treasurer – 01926-852655; Newsletter Editor – 01926-257250 Website www.khas.co.uk