The Kenilworth History & Archaeology Society had its origin in 1962 as a sub-committee of the Kenilworth Society. It was called the Historical Study Group, and its officers were defined for the first time on the 25th of February, 1963.
A meeting to elect officers was then held on the 10th of April that year. Mr H. L G. (Harry) Sunley was elected Chairman, Mr D. Evans the Secretary, and Mr J. S. Everall the Treasurer. However, at a meeting of the Study Group on the 16th of October, it was proposed and accepted that the Group become a Society in its own right, namely The Kenilworth Historical Society. Its officers were to remain the same as those of the Study Group.
The Society changed its name to today’s in 1973.
- 1963 – 1969 Mr H. L G. Sunley
- 1969 – 1969 Mr R V. Kyrke
- 1969 – 1977 Mr H. L G. Sunley
- 1977 – 1979 Mr M. Cooper
- 1979 – 1982 Mr H. L G. Sunley
- 1983 – 1988 Mr RA Storey
- 1988 – 1996 Mr H. L G. Sunley
- 1996 – 2000 Mr M. Barnard
- 2001 – 2006 The Rev N. W. Stevens
- 2006 – 2009 Mrs I. M. Potter
- 2009 – to date Mrs Jan Cooper
- 1996 – 2007 Harry Sunley
- 2009 – 2012 Irene Potter
- 2013 – 2014 Rob Steward
- The Lord Kenilworth
The Committee, 2021
- Chairman: Jan Cooper
- Treasurer: Anthony Manning
- Member: Margaret Kane
- Member & Acting Speaker Secretary: Sue Martin
- Editor & Webmaster: Chris Blunt