Then & Now

The Fellmongery – Then & Now

This week’s Then & Now comes courtesy of prolific local historian Robin Leach, whose recent research on Kenilworth’s involvement with animal skin processing, in particular on two major sites in the town centre and at Mill End, will soon be available in his forthcoming book Kenilworth People and Places, Volume 3  (2018). Henry Street established his fellmongers… Read More The Fellmongery – Then & Now

Share this article:
Then & Now

The Common – Then & Now

Harry Sunley tells us in A Kenilworth Chronology (Odiborne Press, 1989) that various of the common lands of Kenilworth were enclosed by act of Parliament in 1755, with the exception of “forty acres of Hilly Wast Ground [which] are to remain as unenclosed and common land so that the poor of the parish should from… Read More The Common – Then & Now

Share this article: