THE KENILWORTH HISTORY & ARCHAEOLOGY SOCIETY will be hosting a free guided walk of Kenilworth’s St. Mary’s Abbey ruins on Saturday 15th September at 3pm in support of Heritage Open Days.
Take a walk back in time to when St. Mary’s Priory, later Abbey, was one of the most prestigious Augustinian houses in the Midlands. Hear about those who lived here and what happened to them and their beautiful buildings, including during the dramatic siege of Kenilworth Castle in 1266.
We will meet at the Abbey ‘Barn’ Museum & Heritage Centre (just beyond the children’s play area) on Abbey Fields, Kenilworth, for a 3 pm start. The ‘Barn’ museum will also be open on both Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th September from 2.30 to 4.30.
Do come and join us.